Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tagged!


Well, Tara has been telling me to respond to Ashlie's request to post, so I will post something.
I don't know why I am needing to post about myself, it is not like I keep my thoughts a secret, for those of you who know me know what I am talking about. I tell people what I think, and unfortunately, or fortunately (depends on your opinion) sometimes my opinions are not always pleasing to everyone. That is one reason that I won't ever be in politics... or should be.
The Rules:
*Link to the person who tagged you: My 'cousin in-law' Ashlie tagged me and Tara is making me do this.
*Post the rules on your blog:
*Write six random things about yourself.
*Tag six people and let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
*Let your tagger know when your entry is up. (Don't forget to come back and tell me you completed this tag!)
1. I love my life. I have a great life! I have been a lucky guy, and couldn't have ever expected anything more. Having said that, I wouldn't have settled for less either, when I set my mind to doing something, I do it, except for #6. I owe all my blessings to the Lord.
2. I love being a dad, although it is not an easy job. My real dad wasn't around as I grew up, and I always told myself that I would be there for the children I bring into the world. I was really excited to have kids, and love watching them thinking about my childhood, and wanting the best for them.
3. I love America and the core beliefs that made it great (which are individual freedom in all their forms: economic, religious, political etc.). Ever since I was a child (and cried when I heard the song "I'm proud to be an American") I have felt a spiritual love for what America is, or was, or should be.
4. I love my wife. I am so thankful for her. She works so hard at being a perfect wife, and mother, but always feels inadequate. If there was one thing that I could do, it would be to convince her somehow, someway that she is perfect... for me, our kids and herself. I can honestly say that the grass is greenest on my side of the street when it comes to who I was lucky enough to marry. She is beautiful. Her cooking is awesome. She is a great mother. She forgives me for my stupid imperfections. She keeps the house clean... until we mess it up. I could go on. Really, she is awesome!
5. I love sports. I love playing them, I love watching them (mostly watching them now), I love watching my boys play them, and I can't wait to watch them play them as they grow up. I have been really suprised how intense I get watching Colby wrestle. I am definetly going to be the crazy dad on the sidelines trying to coach him at the top of my lungs while he is playing... I apologize in advance for those of you who will witness this... unless Colby or Owen is playing your son and in that case I hope he kicks your kids butt! No offense of course.
6. I am a Caffiene addict, seriously. I tried quitting a month or so ago, and couldn't do it. It was crazy, I really tried, but only made it 4 days. It's embarassing, but true. Any ideas on how to quit?
-Kenny

5 comments:

The Stones said...

You ROCK!!!! Thanks! Now I got to get on Mike to do it. It was great to hear your thoughts on Tara and the boys. I've always bleieved all this by the way that you treat them, but it's always fun to see it in words. Your a great daddy and I've heard from Tara several times on what a wonderful husband you are too. I think I cried the first time I heard that song too. Love it! Hope to see you guys soon.
ashlee

Jeanine said...

ok I'll do it !!

Nikki Moshier said...

Aww I love what You wrote about Tara Kenny! You're such a sweet husband!

Jeanine said...

KB, you're a good man. I'm glad that I can call myself your friend.
We have so many good friends and its so fun when we all get together. For one, I think you're wrong about getting into politics. Not only do I think you should, but my bet is that you will. The world needs strong voices of opinion for the good. Unfortunately, there are not many as qualified as you to go into politics. If and when you do, you got my vote brother ;) Jeanine and I love your family. Tera is awesome I agree and your kids are as good as they come. Thanks for your example of the years. Nothin but love- BEEJ

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Too cute Tara. What an awesome husband you have. I knew him very little in high school but it sounds like him and my husband would have a lot in common. Lets get together...seriously! I miss you!!