Saturday, June 21, 2008

Early Morning Golfing

Today, Colby and I woke up at 5am and went up to Midway with some friends to go golfing. I told Colby I would take him last week, but not to tell Owen, because I wasn't going to take him. So every time he brought it up this week, whether Owen was around or not, he would whisper, "Daddy, are we going golfing today?" I kept telling him that I was going to be waking him up really early to go, and he needed to get some good sleep. I don't think he understood how early 5am was. He does now.
The golf course that we went to has an incredible setting, especially when the sun is just coming up over the mountains. THis is the 4th time I have done this, and it is priceless, but cold. It was supposed to be 98 degrees today, so I didn't bring any warm clothes for him, or I. Big mistake, after the 1st hole, we were driving in the cart, and Colby looked at me and said, "I want to go home daddy". I told him that it would warm up, and I gave him a drink of my Diet Rockstar to get his blood flowing. He is wearing a Pink Shirt that I keep in my bag just in case I don't have a collared shirt when I go golfing.He had a great time and kept asking how many holes we had left, I thought it was because he wanted to go home, but on the last hole he asked me again, and I told him that it was the last hole, and he was pretty upset. He loved it. I let him drive the cart when I wasn't in it, Morty got quite a kick out of Colby driving like a 5 year old around the Fairway. What the heck, he drives his Power Wheels good, no different right? The Marshall didn't think so. A 5 year old, jacked up on Rockstar driving, a golf cart, it was funny!
It was a great time, and he is a pretty good golfer for a 5 year old, he probably won't be the next Tiger, but I figure we can play golf for the next 60 to 70 years, and always have something fun to do together.

He was even playing with us from the Tips (the back tees)

4 comments:

Harrisons said...

So cute! I love that you know how to "journal". Your kids will love to look back & read some of these things. You should teach a class for guys or something. I couldn't hardley get John to write a small entry about his experience at Avery's birth. Maybe after he sees how cool it is to write down some thoughts, he'll join in the fun. Anyway, we'll see you this weekend.

Haskins said...

That is so cute!!! That is so fun that he can do that with his dad. That is nice that your husband wrote an entry on your blog, I dont even know if Graham knows our blog address! Very cute!

The Stones said...

Pretty cool father son activity. Pricless, I am sure. Hope things are going good. Are we on to get our groove on at Mac's over the 24th? Is everyone still going up? Later, Stone

The Stones said...

Too CUTE!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who pulls the Britney Spears move with Soda Pop for the kids;) You and Mike and your Rockstars. PS. Wireds are on sale at Winco;)
Love-
Ash