Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wrestling- Halloween and Surgery

We have had a busy last two months. Here are some pictures to get you updated. First Halloween, and then wrestling ended(the boys were sad about that!) and then we had a double tonsillectomy and adenoids surgery. But we did not get a two for one deal, we had to pay double, you try not to breath so they don't charge you for extra oxygen!!!

Ellie as a butterfly

The boys in the front row in there wrestling stance. They did so good and loved it. It's a hard sport they run so much for just warm up and do a ton of drills while running. It was really good for them, Owen is still a little young a got bored sometimes, but Colby loved it and could take anybody down any size!!
Ellie again!
The boys were ninjas for Halloween
Ellie doing the dishes while the boys had surgery!
These pictures are in the wrong order and I can not fix it! The bottom picture is before surgery and the top picture is after surgery. So far they have done really well, I guess there tonsils and adenoids were really bad!! The doctor could not believe how Colby was even breathing. I am glad it is over but it's the healing part that can be hard and they can only eat soft foods for a week and it's already gotten old eating the same thing and we are only in the second day. I hear the 3rd and 4Th day is the worst so I am prepared for a painful next couple of days!! I am proud of them they were very brave at the hospital, didn't cry once. Only Owen freaked out and screamed after he was waking up from the surgery he was pretty scared, hurting and out of it. They gave him medicine and calmed him down. Colby when he woke up was ready to get out of there. He kept standing up and saying get this thing(IV) out of my arm I want to go home. The nurses thought he was crazy cause he had no side effects and acted like it was any other day.
Owen loves his daddy look at the way he is looking at him!

Ellie in her Sunday best (Kenny dressed her)

15 comments:

Nikki Moshier said...

Wow Ter you have definitely had a busy month! I can't believe both your boys had to do the same surgery! They are so brave, I hope they are doing well! And Ellie looks so precious in her little butterfly outfit!

Hudson said...

That's not fun to have them both in but probably nice to do it at the same time. Hope they are doing better!
Yes, I definately still do hair and I work Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday so call or email so we can get you in! I would love to do your hair...Shannon is such a sweetheart, I bet they are fun neighbors to have.

Nikki Moshier said...

I'm getting induced on Tues. Finally! I'm so ready to have this baby! Ashley is going to watch my kids. But Trae will be in school, so she'll just have Brody, hopefully my labor isn't too long.

Haskins said...

Elle is so cute!! I bet you just love having a little girl! I love her Halloween costume!

Mandy said...

Your boys were so brave. I hope mom is hangin in there as well. I sometimes think it's harder on us when they are sick than it is on them.

Liz said...

oh, how sad to have both boys in the hospital at the same time! i can't believe how big ellie is getting. they are so cute!

Ryan said...

I hope that you are working throuhg the boys surgery. That takes a lot of guts. I hope that the rest of the family is doing great. You have a beautiful family. Tell your mom hi. We also need to go on a double date.

Courtney said...

could your kids get any cuter? when they get feeling better we want to have them over to play again - ellie had so much fun with them.

nicole said...

Oh man, surgery does not sound fun
:(. I hope you are getting through it. I feel really good. I will find out the week of Thanksgiving want I'm having and I will be halfway there, yea!! You kids are so cute in there Halloween costumes.Have a good week.

Jeanine said...

You guys are so great! Way to go Colby and Owen! Ellie is cuter by the minute! :) Hope to hang out with you guys soon!

smalltoes said...

You just have the cutest kids ever!

The Stones said...

i am so sorry... that did not look like fun. wrestling season is just getting ready to start for us. i can't wait. your 2 little ninjas were adorable and elle... how stinkin cute.

Kalun and Kristi said...

The halloween costumes are so cute! I hope the boys are doing better!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! sorry i have been away for so long! so much going on!! here is my new blog address so you need to update your page! hee hee! LOVE YOU!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

Oh that is so sad that they had to have surgery! I'm glad they are doing ok. What troopers. I bet they liked being together at least, to make it a little less intimidating. :)