Friday, March 21, 2008

Ellie's Blessing Day







We blessed Ellie this month and it was great. When we got to church we noticed Elder L. Tom Perry was there, so Kenny asked him to stand in the circle for the blessing. It was such an amazing and spiritual experience. It was really nice of him to be willing to bless her, and it will be cool to tell her when she gets older and can understand what a special day it was. Kenny gave her a very sweet and wonderful blessing. Ellie has been such a wonderful addition to our family. My mom took pictures of us and our families after the blessing, so I finally have one picture of me with Ellie that is not in the hospital. In some she is crying she was just so tired and wanted to take a nap but we kept taking more pictures. I told her we were just preparing her for when she gets married, which will not be until she is 25. The blessing dress Ellie is wearing is the same one I wore when I was blessed, my grandma Bauer got it for me, it is a very special dress and I can pass it down to her.

3 comments:

Haskins said...

Your blog is so cute!!! I am so glad that you decided to do one!! I love blogging it is such a fun way to keep in touch!! YOu have a cute family! My blog is private so I will invite you!
Angie(septon)Haskins

Cyndi said...

Horray For Blogging! What an awesome story! your family is so cute! good to see you again!

Amanda said...

Good job Tara (& Kenny). Once you get used to posting and changing things up, it's easy. I'll have to come over and show you a few things. Especially now that you're back in the neighborhood.